geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject 1.2 Beta Tasks
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:32:07 GMT
We only have a few remaining optional and required tasks before we
can cut the 1.2 beta :D

TASK: Review YOUR JIRAs
-----------------------
We have 60 JIRAs assigned to 1.2.  Please review the issues assigned
to you, and if you do not plan on fixing them in the next say 7 days
move out of 1.2.  Those with JIRAs remaining [1] at the end of the
release will be shamed :)

Other Tasks
-----------
Normally legal is the biggest problem, and Kevan has done a wonderful
in this area.  FWIU, the only remaining legal issue is the presence
Sun schemas and dtds in the servlet and jsp spec jars, and Kevan is
working to find out if they are a real problem.  Any thing else I
missed Kevan?

We have a few remaining SNAPSHOTS dependencies in the tree [2].
OpenEJB and Yoko are still being worked on for this release so a
SNAPSHOT dependency is fine.  ActiveIO and OpenJPA have released
versions for the code we are using and I will work to replace this
today.  Matt promised me a release of TranQL for this release, and I
am hoping to get this today.

We have an exception being thrown in shutdown from
GBeanBinding.removeBinding():159 and I'll fix that today.

Thanks for all the help.  Hopefully we can get the beta shipped next
week!

-dain

[1] Currently assigned JIRA for 1.2
   Aaron Mulder 3
   Alan Cabrera 1
   Bill Dudney 1
   Christopher M. Cardona 1
   David Jencks 20
   Donald Woods 1
   Gianny Damour 1
   Kevan Miller 6
   Matt Hogstrom 2
   Prasad Kashyap 1
   Rakesh Midha 1
   Rick McGuire 1
   Unassigned 21

[2] Current SNAPSHOT dependencies:
   activeio-core-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

   geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
   geronimo-schema-jee_5-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
   geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
   geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

   openejb-axis-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   openejb-builder-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   openejb-corba-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   openejb-corba-builder-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   openejb-core-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   openejb-pkgen-builder-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
   openejb-yoko-2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

   openjpa-all-0.9.6-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar

   tranql-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
   tranql-connector-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
   tranql-connector-derby-common-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
   tranql-connector-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
   tranql-connector-derby-common-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

   yoko-core-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
   yoko-rmi-impl-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
   yoko-rmi-spec-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
   yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
   yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar