geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Convention on dropping tests under the test framework
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 20:46:48 GMT
On Dec 8, 2006, at 9:34 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> I was wondering why the SeleniumTestSupport and ExtendedSelenium
> classes were in the tests themselves rather than in a support jar.
> I'd think these would be used by just about all tests.

They were simply never moved to a common location.

Looks like they have just been moved though... they should have
probably made it into a "selenium" package in the testsupport module.

> FIxing the tests is likely to take me all day.  If you'd like to
> demonstrate what you think is correct structure you could set
> something up with the test ear from GERONIMO-2125
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12336683/manifestcp-
> itest-v3.jar
>
> which has a maven project to build a test ear.  With luck deploying
> it stlll works :-)

This is probably a good idea, get some more real tests put together
to learn what works and what does not work with the current testsuite
setup.

--jason