geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: MileStone 1 Release of Geronimo 2.0 Branch Notice
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:25:30 GMT
Why?  I don't see why we would want to make a branch just for 2.0-m1.

SVN is not the best tool for working with many branches, so I would
recommend keeping the active branches to an absolute minimum.

What happened to stabilizing 1.2 and getting that out?

I think that if you want to make 2.0-m1, then just pick a time on
trunk when it looks good, then make the release and move on to the
next milestone.  IMO adding more branches here will just complicate
the matter way more than it needs to be for a pre-alpha release.

--jason