geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Split out transaction
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 02:14:32 GMT
I monitor a bunch of lists and it looks like the Geronimo transaction
library is getting pretty popular.  Looks like Ofbiz, ODE, and
Tuscany are now using it.  That's in addition to ServiceMix,
ActiveMQ, and of course OpenEJB.

Interesting thing is that their all using it standalone via the
Jencks.org stuff.

What is stopping us from splitting this out?

I say we just leave the gbeans where they are, rename the module to
geronimo-transaction-gbeans, then move the rest of the code out, make
a new pom and mark any deps still required with '<scope>provided'.

Then we cut a release of it that both 1.2beta and 2.0m1 can use

Thoughts?

-David