geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Builds in limbo during voting cycle
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:02:38 GMT
No, I believe that there will always be a time when builds are in
limbo due to reliance on our projects artifacts being deployed to a
remote repository... when they have not made it there yet.

IMO, the only way to avoid this limbo is to always build components
from source, removing the remote repository from the equation.

This is also the only way to ensure that when working with SNAPSHOT
artifacts, that you always use a known set, and don't accidentally
get a new artifact midway through your build.

--jason