geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: boilerplate-j2ee Assembly
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:36:14 GMT
Check if the pluginManagement element from configs/pom.xml can be
moved to the project pom.  It might work there, not sure if it does
any validation of that plugin to make sure it exists or not at the
top or only where used.  If its the later than moving the element to
the parent will work.  Else... have to redefine that pluginManagement
section in assemblies/pom.xml since the version of mvn that we are
using can't handle configuration of  plugin which is an extension
that built and used by a project.

Though... I would expect that using the car plugin with out a version
would only pick a released version... it should not pick up a
SNAPSHOT, so perhaps there is another mvn bug hiding in this
scenario... like its half configured, found a version, then looses
that information and then tries to do some resolution based on what
artifacts it has found.  Either way its broken.

Try moving this:

    <pluginManagement>
             <plugins>
                 <plugin>
                     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
                     <artifactId>car-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                     <version>${version}</version>
                     <extensions>true</extensions>
                 </plugin>
             </plugins>
         </pluginManagement>

to the project pom.xml and see if it works as expected or not.  Be
sure to validate on a clean repo though...

--jason