geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Convention on dropping tests under the test framework
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:23:11 GMT
I thought about this a little more and have some ideas about what I'd
like..... I dunno if this is remotely possible.

- keep the test app and test code close together in svn.  It's going
to be a lot easier to work with a single test if these are close
together, rather than like the testsupport stuff that is far from the
tests that use it.

- make it easy to run the tests on a single app... so there's an easy
way to build the test app, start up a server, and run the tests for
that app.

- make it relatively quick to run all the tests.... which I think
means starting a server, then for each app, deploying, running tests,
and undeploying.  My current understanding of what we have now is
that the server is going to be started and stopped for each app if
we've set things up for my second requirement :-)

thanks
david jencks