geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Annotation processing
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:53:48 GMT

On Dec 13, 2006, at 4:13 AM, Kanchana Welagedara wrote:

> Hi All
> I found my interest when the geronimo report card posted.And then I
> was also going the through the specifications and so on.

Glad to know people are looking at it :)

> Thanks you very much you brought up the topic in.I would like to
> contribute in topic for geronimo.Do we plan a road map to complete
> the future work to avoid the conflict in working two people working
> on the same task?.I would like to know how do we plan to move on
> with topic.

We use the dev list to post interest in an area and coordintate from
there.  Perhaps we need to update the report card as well.

> Here is my views.
>
> As far as I understood a JSR181 can act as a processor and it
> follows the concept of a processor.A JSR 181 processor basically
> consider a tool that bridges the gap between an annotated JWS file
> and the web services files(For example wsdl and j2EE1.4 compliant
> artifacts such as the deployment descriptors.Basically we can
> consider this implementation as a tool that can generate wsdl from
> a JWS file or a JWS file from a WSDL.(For Example WSDL2Ws tool in
> Axis2 JAVA/Axis C++ ).Also we can generate the complete  complete
> J2EE 1.4-compliant Enterprise Application Archive (EAR) file that
> can be deployed right away in a J2EE 1.4 container to host the
> Application/Web service on a server.
>
> I wonder the JSR181 is just providing a model to process a JWS
> file  and attempt to map at the run time  J2EE run time environment.
>
> Between can any one please let me know svn url to download the
> "CeliXfire" source.

The following URL will provide you with a starting point for CXF

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org