geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Daytrader app clients
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 20:39:50 GMT

On Dec 7, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> David...
>
> When I tried the streamer client I ran into the same issue that
> Donald Woods reported... From what I could tell, the geronimo
> server starts up the RMI listener on 1099 and the streamer app
> client is is also trying to startup a listener on the same port.
> That is why the address already in use exception is being thrown.
> However, I can't explain why the streamer client would try to
> startup another listener on the same port. Thoughts?

That comes from some kind of bad dependency getting installed into
the app client so the rmi-naming config is getting started.  This
doesn't happen for me with 1.2 and the daytrader-jpa plan.  It might
happen with earlier geronimos.

> Also, any clue as to were there Axis class file is located?

the geronimo-axis jar.  Again, in 1.2 this should be getting added
automatically to the classpath, and probably isn't in earlier
geronimo versions.

> In the mean time guess I'll take a look at the jpa plan you checked
> in.

It only works on geronimo 1.2, despite being in daytrader trunk.

Hope this helps
david jencks