geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: no more modules for specs...
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:53:47 GMT
On Dec 16, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> Jason Dillon, what source are you checking out? geronimo/specs/
> trunk? I see that geronimo/specs/trunk still contains many sub-
> directories. IIUC, this is just a point in time statement. geronimo/
> specs/trunk/pom.xml should be updated to be at 1.3-SNAPSHOT. Those
> sub-directories should be going away. Only specs which are under
> development should reside in trunk. At least, that's what I thought
> we'd agreed to... Released specs should be in tags. If you want to
> build our released specs from source, you need to get them from
> tags and build each individually. If that's not working, then I'd
> agree there's a problem.

IMO it is very, very, very unnatural to move code from its trunk
codeline to a tag, then back when some new changes need to be made.
I would never recommend doing that... ever.  IMO that is abuse of
svn's tagging mechanism... and I only think that it looks desirable
to get around issues with how we are using Maven, or how Maven's
release support is current implemented.

--jason