geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Proposed version/spec release process
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:52:00 GMT
Kevan asked me to go over the development/release process used when
we have a single version number.

1 Make a development module in specs/trunk
   [Maintince] svn cp specs/tags/<artifactId>-<latestVersion> specs/
trunk/<artifactId>
   [New] make a new mvn module at specs/trunk/<artifactId>

2 Make changes
   There is no need to update inner spec depenencies since all will
be marked as scope provided in the pom, so we don't get transitive
problems.

3 Vote and Release
   update pom version
   create jars
   vote
   publish
   svn mv specs/trunk/<artifactId> specs/tags/<artifactId>-<version>

Alternatively, we can use the release plugin but the release plugin
means we can't vote on the final jars since it automatically
publishes to the final repository.

BTW, I am willing to be spec release manager using this process in
perpetuity.

-dain