geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Release 1.2-beta?
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:59:44 GMT

On Dec 4, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2006, at 5:59 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> Yesterday, I started working my way through the LICENSE and NOTICE  
>> files to bring them up to snuff. It's a slow process. I've  
>> finished lib and lib/endorsed. Starting on repository, now... Hope  
>> to be done today.
>> Since we're embedding incubator projects, I think we should add a  
>> Disclaimer file which explains our inclusion of incubator  
>> projects. I plan on doing this. Will probably run this by  
>> incubator@...
>> We're currently dependent on a number of incubator snapshots  
>> (openejb, openjpa, activemq, yoko). Since the incubator release  
>> process can be nearly as slow as ours ;-), we should look at ways  
>> of prepping their projects for release. I scanned openejb a while  
>> back (at David B's suggestion), but haven't looked at the fixes,  
>> yet. Yoko has been trying to release an M1 (we're using M2- 
>> SNAPSHOT) since early October. I have some minor issues with  
>> Yoko's handling of LICENSE files which I hope to get them to  
>> address...
>> We have a number of files which contain non-ASF copyright  
>> statements (I think I have a list of files in the Jira that I  
>> raised). It's not mandatory, but would be nice to get these moved  
>> out of the source files and into our NOTICE file. However, this  
>> requires action (or consent) by the copyright holder. I think I  
>> can probably take care of the IBM copyrights. There are other  
>> copyright holders, however. If someone could try to contact the  
>> copyright holder(s) that would be great.
> I decided to take the end of the week and weekend off from  
> releasing to get some actual coding done :)  so I lost track of  
> this.  How is it coming?

Coding? Sounds nice...

I just committed some changes to 1.2. I don't know of any more work  
to be done for ther server portions of 1.2.

I'm going to update daytrader, when Matt gives the go-ahead. I think  
I'm done w/ specs.

So, I'm not sure of anymore work to be done for the Geronimo portions  
of a release.  Oh the Disclaimer. IMO, since we are embedding  
incubating projects, we should add a DISCLAIMER file to the root dir  
of our source tree, a disclaimer file in the root dir of our binary  
distributions, and add disclaimer text to our readme/release notes  
documentation. How do others feel?

I'm working on updating trunk, now...


View raw message