geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r488326 - /geronimo/server/tags/2.0-M1/testsuite/deployment-testsuite/manifestcp/manifestcp-ejb/src/main/resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:49:26 GMT

On Dec 18, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Ugh... this is why I don't like all that moving of branches to tags...
>
> A "tag" or "label" should never be modified... its a point in time,
> not indented (or expected) to be changed.
>
> I believe that we would be doing ourselves a major favor by
> following some SCM best practices... moving branches to tags is not
> one of them... neither is changing code in a tag.

I'm sympathetic to your concern. However, we don't (to my knowledge)
have a documented release process for our projects. So, we're
currently leaving these practices in the hands of our release
managers. In this case, I did what the release manager asked me to do...

So, what do you feel would be the appropriate techniques for building
a release?

--kevan