geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo build automation status (longish)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 02:12:31 GMT

On Dec 4, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> What?  How did you get the idea that everyone has to use AntHill to
> build Geronimo?
>
> You, or anyone are free to use any tool you like to build Geronimo
> in any fashion you prefer.  I have just found that the other build
> automation systems available do not have enough features to fill
> all of the different build and automated testing needs which we have.

Jason,
Will be really great to have regular builds running again (not to
mention new testing plans in the works). Thanks!

Although I agree that John was a little off-base, I can see how he
might have gotten there... I think you could be a little more open to
questions and slight misconceptions as people start to understand
AntHill and the new automated build... Good news is John is looking
at it... ;-)

While I'm on this thread, is the AntHill license specific to the
Apache Geronimo project? Or a general for Open Source project use? I
think it would be a good idea to notify the project and/or pmc if we
are obtaining licenses for use by the project...

--kevan