geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: MileStone 1 Release of Geronimo 2.0 Branch Notice
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:39:25 GMT

On Dec 11, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> You do not need a branch for this.  You can easily make a release
> like this using `mvn release:*` off of trunk, and it will update
> the poms, label and then update to the next version for development.

I was thinking that our normal process is branch...make a tar ball or
two to vote on, modify stuff, cut another one, etc.  Doing this
straight out of trunk would work if everything was perfect but if
people didn't like the content we'd have to do it again.  how would
that affect Maven?

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org