geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1.1 and Liferay 4, memory problems on startup and hot deployment
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:52:40 GMT

On Dec 20, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Paul ANDERSON wrote:

> Bumping up MaxPermSize works great on 1.5.
> If Geronimo 1.1.1 is then stable for hot portlet deployment on
> LR4.2, we'll be able to use it.
> Thanks all round for the quick responses.

Hi Paul,
That's good news.

FYI -- there have been some Classloader memory leak problems on Java
5. However, they seem to be fixed on recent Java 5 runtimes

I ran some tests on Geronimo 1.1.1 running on a Linux box with java
version "1.5.0_10-b02". Things look good, there.

I do see Classloader memory leaks running the same Geronimo binaries
on my Mac (java full version 1.5.0_06-64). The same G 1.1.1 binaries
work fine on Linux and they don't have any problem when run on my Mac
using java full version 1.4.2_09-239. So once Apple brings Java 5 up
to date on Mac OS X, I'm hopeful that these problems will be
resolved. I didn't see any obvious work-arounds from Sun's bug
reports...

--kevan