geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Something is up with jee-specs config
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:34:40 GMT

On Dec 1, 2006, at 6:03 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>   I had used maven's natural lexical sorting order and 'provided'
> scope
> to make sure that the configs were built in the correct order. The
> provided scope was ignored by the car plugin. What mechanism is used
> now to enforce the build order?

AFAICT you need to include at least the "leaf"  builder configs you
use as "provided" dependencies" as well as included in the car-maven-
plugin configuration in order to assure correct build order.  I don't
think anything else is needed, but it's difficult to tell if maven
happens to build things in a working order.

By "leaf" I mean that all the other builders needed are (transitive)
dependencies of the leaf builders.

thanks
david jencks