geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] sun xsd's and dtd's in specs source tree
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:48:20 GMT
Bugger...the 1.4 XSD is done...I'm wondering about how to verify the
accuracy of these.  I have been experimenting a bit while doing
this.  One thing I started doing was closing of xsd:elements.  For
instance:

Where the original doc had something like:

<xsd:element name="res-type" type="j2ee:fully-qualified-classType">
     <xsd:annotation>
         <xsd:documentation>
             The res-type element specifies the type of the data
             source. The type is specified by the fully qualified
             Java language class or interface
             expected to be implemented by the data source.
         </xsd:documentation>
     </xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

I entered:
<xsd:element name="res-type" type="j2ee:fully-qualified-classType" />

Although syntactically the same its a bit harder to verify.  I was
thinking about writing a quick parser that would read the Sun XSDs
and verify the content throwing out whitespace and documentation.
Perhaps we can do something with XMLBeans?  David, any thoughts?

On Dec 9, 2006, at 2:39 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

>>> Thoughts, please...
>>>
>>> FYI the files are listed below:
>>>
>>> web-app_2_4.xsd
>>> jsp_2_0.xsd
>>> web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd
>>> jsp_2_1.xsd

j2ee_1_4.xsd is done.

I'll look at the 2_1 taglibrary next.

>> I'll do the above tonight...I have the first two done but thought
>> that I should give a heads up.
>>
>>> web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd
>>> j2ee_web_services_1_1.xsd
>>> j2ee_web_services_client_1_1.xsd
>>> web-app_2_3.dtd
>>>

>> Are these really necessary?
>>
>>> geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec/src/main/java/
>>> javax/servlet/http/package.html
>>> geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec/src/main/java/
>>> javax/servlet/package.html
>>

>>> --kevan
>>>

>> Matt Hogstrom
>> matt@hogstrom.org