geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: exclusions tag in geronimo-connector\pom.xml
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:10:29 GMT
  Tranql uses an older version of commons-logging than the one used by
the kernel. Maven gets confused about the versions if the same jar is
used in two different scopes:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Another-really-strange-mysterious-build-error-p6294043.html

Thanks
Anita

--- Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see the following xml fragment in
> modules\geronimo-connector\pom.xml
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.tranql</groupId>
>             <artifactId>tranql</artifactId>
>             <scope>test</scope>
>             <exclusions>
>                 <exclusion>
>                     <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
>                 </exclusion>
>             </exclusions>
>         </dependency>
>
> Can someone tell me the use of this <exclusions> tag.  If I comment
> out the
> exclusions part, I am able to build this module using IBMJDK1.5.0.
> Otherwise it is giving compilation errors like the following.

C:\G1.2\modules\geronimo-connector\src\main\java\org\apache\geronimo\connector\o
> utbound\ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper.java:[33,34] package
> org.apache.commons.
> logging does not exist
>
> Or are these compilation errors due to a problem in IBMJDK1.5.0?

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com