geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Do we need selenium as part of test support?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:03:06 GMT
I ran into a problem tonight when upgrading Jetty 6.  Apparently
Selenium-server has jetty included in its jar and its Jetty 5.

I hacked around the problem but it begs the question as to whether we
should dump all testing tools into a single framework.  At some point
classpaths will continue to get larger and larger and all tests will
pay the penalty.

Could we include the selenium stuff only in modules that require it?
I'm picking on Selenium now so no offense as its the shiny penny.  I
understand that being granular can be just as efficient as uber.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org