geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Release Guidlines (was: Re: svn commit: r488326 - /geronimo/server/tags/2.0-M1/testsuite/deployment-testsuite/manifestcp/manifestcp-ejb/src/main/resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml)
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:53:50 GMT

On Dec 18, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Process of branching and tagging (we already have  a plethora of
> discussion...I think this needs to get on a Wiki)
> - includes tags and modifications

Discussion, proposal, resolution and final vote.

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/release-branching-process.html

Granted that was June, just about time to do it all over again :)

In regards to the commit to the tag, I don't have a problem with it
as it was completely ineffectual in any technical sense.  We could of
course thump the rule book and make Matt redo 8+ hours of work and
have days worth of revoting followed up by a couple weeks worth of
cumulative man hours on policy discussions... or we could just say
"close enough" and focus on 2.0-M2.

-David