geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r485321 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/modules: geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/gbean/ geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/gbean/runtime/ geronimo-kernel/src/test/java/org/apache/geronimo/gbean/ geronimo-k
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:39:13 GMT
On Dec 13, 2006, at 6:00 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>   Ah.. java 5... One more question :)
>     Why do we allow bad operations in GBeanInfo ? For example it is
> possible to add a non existent operation to GBeanInfo.

No idea. In general beans shouldn't be declaring operations.  Instead
they should let the info builder automatically add all methods in the
class.

I'd suggest deprecate the methods for declaring operation infos and
then delete the places where they are declared.  Then just leave the
operation info the way it is, so we have serialization backwards
compatibility.

-dain