geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: no more modules for specs...
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:23:59 GMT
On Dec 16, 2006, at 1:14 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> Jason Dillon said he was having a problem building our specs. I'm
> trying to understand his problem.

There are 2 issues... first, specs/trunk does not build asis (which I
assume dain is gonna tidy up)...

Second, is that the 1.2 branch now depends on specs which are not in
one place for me (or anthill in this case) to easily check out build
and then deliver to be used by the openejb2 and geronimo builds.  The
code is now split across 30 some tags, which becomes a real pain for
me to automate building or manage as specs are changed and versions/
tags need to be updated.

I really would like to say, that server/trunk uses all of the modules
from specs/trunk, and that openejb/branches/2_2 uses specs/trunk.

Before the change, I could almost say that... but it was more like
server/trunk uses a handful of modules from specs/trunk and the rest
were all from public repos.  The recent change, has made it so that
none of the modules from specs/trunk are used, and that handful of
modules is not yet on a public repo.... which means that the codeline
will not build.

And since I have a direct build artifact output  dependency tree
setup in Anthill to go from nothing to a CTS server... with that
second link broken (specs) I can't build anything past it.  And I can
not finish up the TCK testsuite automation, which I was close to
completing.

--jason