geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: [vote] Release Geronimo 1.2-beta
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:12:26 GMT
Kevan and I just figured out that this directory genesis/build-
harness/ was never included in any source jars, build during the
release or included in any of the final archives.  It was simply some
extra code in the tree. Basically, we got very lucky :)

I have removed the removed the directory from the tag just like jason
did in trunk, and verified that it still builds.

Anyway, long story short, this is not a problem and we can continue
to vote on the current jars.

On Dec 14, 2006, at 11:15 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> The 1.2-beta release and all dependencies are cut and awaiting your
>> vote!  All the files are available in a staging area in my home
>> dir on
>> people.
>>    genesis-1.1-incubating
> Dain,
> I think genesis needs to be respun. Genesis source code includes a
> Groovy binary distribution. Groovy contains a GPL licensed binary
> (jarjar-0.6.jar).
> Jason has fixed in genesis trunk, by removing Groovy, but we can't
> release 1.1 in current form...
> --kevan

View raw message