geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: purpose of branches\1.2
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:32:30 GMT
Are there new features for 1.2 already?

Since it takes a while for us to get releases out, its probably best
to minimize non-bugfix changes to the branch, though I suppose if its
a minor improvement that is should be fine, major feature work should
be avoided (preferring that for 2.0 actually).

During this stabilization of 1.2 I would say that anything outside of
a bugfix should probably be presented to the list for direction as to
if it should go into 1.2, wait until 1.2 is out, or just in 2.0.  And
then lets just take it case by case.  I think its okay for new bits
to get added to a beta.  And hopefully soon when we get to RCx then
we will have a faster turn around to get a release out.

--jason