geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: boilerplate-j2ee Assembly
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:23:40 GMT
   As we have discussed before, if a plugin (with extensions) is used
*anywhere* in the build tree , maven makes sure that it is available
even before the projects are sorted. But that is not a problem with our
two stage build, i.e. it builds modules and plugins first from modules
and plugins directory.
   I will move it from configs pom to top level pom.

Thanks
Anita

--- Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > assembly. In the absence of a version maven picks up an available
> > version. This would explain the recent problems building two
> different
> > versions of geronimo, e.g. branhes/1.2 and trunk. We need to add
> > <version>${version}</version> to assemblies pom or the top level
> pom.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >
> > --- anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>     Does anyone know why boilerplate-j2ee assembly (trunk) is
> using
> >> 1.2-SNAPSHOT version of car-maven-plugin?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Anita
> >>
> >> [INFO]

> > ------
> >> [INFO] Building Geronimo Assemblies :: Boilerplate J2EE
> >> [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
> >> [INFO]

> > ------
> >> [INFO] artifact org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:
> >> checking
> >> for updates from co
> >> dehaus
> >> [INFO] snapshot
> >> org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking
> >> for
> >> up
> >> dates from apache-snapshots
> >> [INFO] snapshot
> >> org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking
> >> for
> >> up
> >> dates from codehaus-snapshots
> >> [INFO] snapshot
> >> org.apache.geronimo.plugins:maven-plugins:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
> >> checking for updat
> >> es from apache-snapshots
> >> [INFO] snapshot
> >> org.apache.geronimo.plugins:maven-plugins:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
> >> checking for updat
> >> es from codehaus-snapshots
> >> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking
> >> for
> >> updates from apach
> >> e-snapshots
> >> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking
> >> for
> >> updates from codeh
> >> aus-snapshots
> >> [INFO] [clean:clean]
> >> [INFO] Deleting directory
> >> C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
> >> et
> >> [INFO] Deleting directory
> >> C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
> >> et\classes
> >> [INFO] Deleting directory
> >> C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
> >> et\test-classes
> >> [INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution:
> >> validate-java-version}]
> >> [INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]

C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\target\cla