geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo build automation status (longish)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:06:25 GMT
On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> Sure.  Did the PMC do any vetting for JIRA or Confluence?
>
> To my knowledge, those are both being run by (and licensed to) the
> ASF, not Geronimo. Am I wrong?

I believe so... though I need to check what the exact text of the
granted license is to be sure.

Though... I'm not sure that it really matters.  I can get them to
reissue the license using "Apache Software Foundation" as the
licensee, looks like that is what Confluence has.  Though this setup
is a little different that JIRA and Confluence, as this is only for
Geroniomo related projects... and I have not plans or intent to open
up this particular install for ASF-wide usage... though AH can
definitely support that... but I'm not heading in that direction
now... or anytime soon.

I also just asked Atlassian for the full-text of there open-source
EULA and they told me they don't have one specific for there open-
source licenses.  They just pointed me at:

     http://www.atlassian.com/about/licensing/license.jsp

But that page has like 14 EULAs on it.

 From talking to the UrbanCode folks, they too do not have a specific
license for open-source use, but said "Apache uses JIRA, so I'm sure
a similar license would work for us too".

> As you note, AntHill is going to be very similar to both of those.
> I doubt that there's going to be an issue. And don't mean to be
> picking on you (happy to pick on somebody else :-P, I just think
> it's a good idea for this type of information to be shared with and
> evaluated by the project...

Its okay... I agree with you.

--jason