geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: CMP failures in 2.3 (was: Openjeb itests - 552 tests, 2 failures, 2 errors)
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:20:48 GMT
On 07/12/2006, at 11:10 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>
>> We are now down to just 2 failures and 2 errors on the Openejb-2.3
>> itests. The stack trace is here  --  http://rifers.org/paste/show/
>> 2622
>
> org.apache.openejb.test.TestFailureException : null; nested
> exception is:
> 	junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should have thrown
> DuplicateKeyException
> 	at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.CmpTransactionTests.testInvokeCreat
> eCreateSameCMP(CmpTransactionTests.java:67)
>
> Transaction.testInvokeCreateFindForceCacheFlush  Time elapsed: 0.32
> sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Received Exception class
> org.apache.openejb.test.TestFailureException : null; nested
> exception is:
> 	junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<1> but was:<0>
> 	at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.test.entity.cmp.CmpTransactionTests.testInvokeCreat
> eFindForceCacheFlush(CmpTransactionTests.java:83)
Hi David,

Sorry for not pro-actively helping (hope to be back to OEJB after
some WADI stuff). I debugged the two above tests and identified the
issue: an automatic  pk generation were wrongly configured for the
CMP BasicCmpBeanExplicitPK. This causes at least  the two above
failures.

It seems that something is wrong with my build as I observe weird
JNDI lookup problems and I am not sure that dropping the key-
generator element does not impact other tests. So, Prasad, could you
please do me favor and drop this element for BasicCmpBeanExplicitPK
and re-execute? Meanwhile, I will try to fix my build.

Thanks,
Gianny