geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Convention on dropping tests under the test framework
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 20:40:56 GMT
On Dec 8, 2006, at 6:30 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> 1) just make a copy of test-deployment, (say call it cxf-deployment)
> 2) use it's child profile to go thro the complete maven lifecycle -
> compile, build and test your apps.
> 3) it's parent (deployment-testsuite) will take care of the server
> start/stop and reporting for you.

This won't actually work as easily as you may have imagined Prasad.
To effectively build some apps, you actually need to have them live
in their own module, so that they can be built using the associated
maven plugins.

I do not believe that the current testsuite setup takes this into
account... and this is why I think it is premature to simply roll out
the same config/layout with out having some more real tests, which
build these test applications and allow for effective organization.

I don't think we are quite there yet... close, but still a bit off.

--jason