geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: no more modules for specs...
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:26:45 GMT

On Dec 15, 2006, at 6:41 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> this change really killed me for all of the build automation I have
> been working on... and was one of the reasons why I had warned
> against using this style of versioning.
> basically since this was removed, checking out the specs project
> and building it produces nothing, except for this:
>     org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/maven-metadata-local.xml
>     org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.2/specs-1.2.pom
>     org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.2/specs-1.2-site.xml

I think this discussion has gotten a bit off track. I don't think we
should be discussing archiva capabilities, at all.

IMO, we release source code. Binary distributions and maven artifacts
are a convenience. If users can't build our source code, then there's
a problem.

Jason Dillon, what source are you checking out? geronimo/specs/trunk?
I see that geronimo/specs/trunk still contains many sub-directories.
IIUC, this is just a point in time statement. geronimo/specs/trunk/
pom.xml should be updated to be at 1.3-SNAPSHOT. Those sub-
directories should be going away. Only specs which are under
development should reside in trunk. At least, that's what I thought
we'd agreed to... Released specs should be in tags. If you want to
build our released specs from source, you need to get them from tags
and build each individually. If that's not working, then I'd agree
there's a problem.

View raw message