geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:51:18 GMT
On Dec 30, 2006, at 7:36 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2006, at 4:29 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Fixed, verified to be compliant and ready for release.
>>
>>  Release Branch: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/
>> branches/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec/
>>  Built Binaries: http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage-specs/
>> org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec/1.0/
>>
>> I hereby propose we release this branch and it's binaries as final.
>>
>> Here's my +1
>>
>> -David
>>

> Well, the above pointer to the release branch is bad. I assume it
> should be https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/
> geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec-1.0/
>
> David,
> I think these votes should provide a bit of background on how they
> differ from previously release versions/why they need to be released.

David is out of town but I think I can answer.... The previous
release was only a milestone.  These are final 1.0 jars that have
been verified using the JEE 5 signature tests.  If you want to know
what has changed just run svn diff:

svn diff \
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-
ejb_3.0_spec-1.0-M1 \