geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:03:15 GMT
Rerouting to this thread from "[VOTE] 2.0-M1 Release"

Hi All,
I have two basic comments/questions.

1- I see a bunch of INFO messages in both Tomcat and Jetty at startup, not a show stopper
for this release.

2- Deployment on Jetty is not behaving exactly as I expected. Not sure if I messed up the
deployment plans given the new specs, however this same WAR works just fine with Tomcat.
In Jetty I deploy a WAR and when I access the application it will list the content of the
WAR, if I click on the JSP it will work fine. Something like not following the web.xml <welcome-file>
maybe? The context-root however is correct.

Just in case you may ask, here are the deployment plans:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4"

Am I missing anything obvious?

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> All,
> I opened this thread for general comments and questions about the
> release.  Let's have the discussions here and leave the vote thread for
> +/- voting only so it will be easier to process
> Thanks.
> Matt Hogstrom

View raw message