geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M1 Release
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:03:15 GMT
Rerouting to this thread from "[VOTE] 2.0-M1 Release"

Hi All,
I have two basic comments/questions.

1- I see a bunch of INFO messages in both Tomcat and Jetty at startup, not a show stopper
for this release.

2- Deployment on Jetty is not behaving exactly as I expected. Not sure if I messed up the
deployment plans given the new specs, however this same WAR works just fine with Tomcat.
In Jetty I deploy a WAR and when I access the application it will list the content of the
WAR, if I click on the JSP it will work fine. Something like not following the web.xml <welcome-file>
maybe? The context-root however is correct.

Just in case you may ask, here are the deployment plans:

geronimo-web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>sample.applications</groupId>
            <artifactId>HelloWorldApp</artifactId>
            <version>2.0</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>
    <context-root>/hello</context-root>
</web-app>

web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4"

   xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

    <welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>HelloWorld.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

Am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers!