geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo WebSite Goals Update
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:20:50 GMT
Hi All,
I finally updated the web site based on the suggestions discussed in this thread.
These changes should get replicated on the live site within the next hour.

Cheers!
Hernan

Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Hi All,
> this thread has been dormant for the last month or so. If somebody 
> thinks we should not update the home page with this content pls speak up 
> otherwise I will push the update.
> I think this new content looks great (it has all your comments already 
> in) and we should have it out there the sooner the better.
> 
> Here is the text
> 
> =======================================
> 
> Welcome to Apache Geronimo
> 
> The goal of the Geronimo project is to produce a server runtime 
> framework that pulls together the best Open Source alternatives to 
> create runtimes that meet the needs of developers and system 
> administrators. Our most popular distribution is a fully certified J2EE 
> 1.4 application server runtime.  We are working on our next version of 
> the server which is based on Java EE 5.
> 
> Some of our guiding principles are:
> 
> - Easy to use.
> - Build servers that are distributed under the Apache Software License.
> - Provide runtimes that meet the needs of developers, administrators and 
> system integrators.
> - Integrate with the best open source tooling available like Eclipse.
> - Provide frequent releases of our software so users can experience the 
> newest features and have access to the latest bug fixes.
> - Build a community that incorporates multiple disciplines required to 
> create complex runtime and toolable infrastructure.
> 
> =======================================
> 
> 
> Cheers!
> Hernan
> 
> Hernan Cunico wrote:
>> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>
>>> *** New swill ***
>>>
>>> Welcome to the Apache Geronimo Project!
>>>
>>> Our goal is to produce a server runtime framework that pulls together 
>>> the best Open Source alternatives to create runtimes that meet the 
>>> needs of developers and system administrators.  Our most prominent 
>>> runtime is a fully compliant J2EE container based on J2EE 1.4.  We 
>>> are working on our next version of the server which is based on JEE 
>>> 1.5.  Some of our guiding principles are:
>>>
>>> - Build servers that are distributed under the Apache Software License.
>>> - Provide runtimes that meet the needs of developers, administrators 
>>> and system integrators.
>>> - Integrate with the best open source tooling available like Eclipse.
>>> - Provide frequent releases of our software so users can experience 
>>> the newest features and have access to the latest bug fixes.
>>> - Build a community that incorporates multiple disciplines required 
>>> to create complex runtime and toolable infrastructure.
>>>
>>
>> Hey Matt,
>> It looks a whole lot better from what we have today. Here is my little 
>> rephrasing (including the comments from Jeff and Joe)
>>
>> =======================================================
>>
>> Welcome to Apache Geronimo
>>
>> The goal of the Geronimo project is to produce a server runtime 
>> framework that pulls together the best Open Source alternatives to 
>> create runtimes that meet the needs of developers and system 
>> administrators. Our most popular distribution is a fully certified 
>> J2EE 1.4 application server runtime.  We are working on our next 
>> version of the server which is based on Java EE 5.
>>
>> Some of our guiding principles are:
>>
>> - Build servers that are distributed under the Apache Software License.
>> - Provide runtimes that meet the needs of developers, administrators 
>> and system integrators.
>> - Integrate with the best open source tooling available like Eclipse.
>> - Provide frequent releases of our software so users can experience 
>> the newest features and have access to the latest bug fixes.
>> - Build a community that incorporates multiple disciplines required to 
>> create complex runtime and toolable infrastructure.
>>
>> =======================================================
>>
>> btw, shouldn't we mention "easy to use" somewhere? ;-)
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Hernan
>>
> 

Mime
View raw message