geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Car plugin is fighting with maven too much
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:33:19 GMT
Now that sounds promising.... using the existing geronimo-plugin.xml and
deployer to install new apps without having to build a car wrapper for
them.  That would make it tons easier to create "remote install
descriptors" for apps like Liferay, Roller, ....

Would we just extend the application deployment plans to allow for a new
moduleType=plugin?

-Donald

jason.dillon@gmail.com wrote:
> Or how about getting rid of car files, use a simple xml file and handle all of this muck
in the server at runtime.... Optionally running a validate on the xml durring the build.