geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DConfigBean Confusion
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:23:27 GMT
Hi David, I spent a lot of time looking at all the various module and configuration builders
when I
was getting Sachin's new deployable module interface to work with the Release 1.1.1 source
code. I
ran into similar problems and/or questions with many of the builders because it is so difficult
figure out who is doing what when and why. The best way that I could figure out what was going
on
during runtime was to capture JProbe traces for many of the deployment scenarios and look
through
the call traces (our logging/trace capability should really provide this level of information,
but
unfortunately it does not). I saved some of them and an example snapshot is attached if you
are
interested (you can see that ConnectorModuleBuilder is getting invoked numerous times I believe
by
the FastMethodInvoker.invoke() method). That really doesn't help answer your first question
(other
than the fact that it's getting invoked--whether it's working correctly is another story)
but if
you'd like for me to get some new snapshots for some new console and CLI deployment scenarios
I'd be
glad to and it might help clear up some of this confusion. I know it was very confusing for
me to
look through the code and attempt to figure it out. Thanks
Tim