geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] G 2.0 M1 Content
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 19:59:20 GMT

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> Should we use M<N>
> ------------------

I like Milestones better ( G2.0-M1 ) than Alpha/Beta schema.

> Documentation
> -------------

The Apache Geronimo v2.0 cwiki space is already available at cwiki.apache.org/geronimo. We
could use it to hold all v2.0 specific info (release notes, release roadmaps, documentation
itself, etc.)

> Content
> -------

We need this content on the wiki (and referenced from the Web site). I think it would help
a features breakdown table grouped by Milestones.

> Timeline
> --------
> This is less important than the content.  I suggested 12/22 since its
> the Friday before the Christmas holiday.  Personally it would feel good
> to know we packaged up something and finished it this year towards 2.0.

Agree, with the holidays approaching is either on 12/22 or some time next year, hopefully
in the first few months.

> There is a lot of small stuff we already have thats almost done.  We've

We need to get that info in the "Milestone release roadmap" (let's give it a catchy name ;-)
 )

> been discussing release early and often so the date is more of an
> artificial stake in the sand.  If we don't get the work done then we
> don't ship.  It largely depends on completing what goes into M1 rather
> than the date.

> Matt Hogstrom
> matt@hogstrom.org

Cheers!