geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo build automation status (longish)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 04:57:24 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> I'm now a little bit disturbed that you now think that based on my
> response that I am not open to questions... which I really can't see
> how you came to that based on the words I used in my response.
Maybe it is starting your response with the word "What?".  I could have
interpreted it completely differently to how you intended, but it did
not make you seem friendly and approachable.

>> While I'm on this thread, is the AntHill license specific to the
>> Apache Geronimo project? Or a general for Open Source project use? I
>> think it would be a good idea to notify the project and/or pmc if we
>> are obtaining licenses for use by the project...
>
> As I mentioned in the initial email, the AntHill license is very
> similar to that of JIRA or Confluence... they grant licenses for use
> by open-source projects.
Can the full text of the open source license be sent to the PMC for vetting?

> I had hopped to get a more perfect and complete system before I
> brought this to the community... though I'm not sure that would have
> mattered much.  Probably more that the tool is not open-source is why
> you even mention this.  If I did something similar with CC or
> Continuum no one would even mention it.  Too bad neither of those
> tools is comprehensive enough to do the job though... but maybe if we
> wait for a few more years they will be closer.
>
> :-P
>
> Maybe I need an apple mail plugin to randomly insert emotions into
> mail so that folks don't think that I am being harsh...
Maybe :-) Everyone doesn't have the same thickness of skin.

Regards,
John