geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo WebSite Goals Update
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:10:01 GMT
Hi All,
this thread has been dormant for the last month or so. If somebody thinks we should not update
the home page with this content pls speak up otherwise I will push the update.
I think this new content looks great (it has all your comments already in) and we should have
it out there the sooner the better.

Here is the text

=======================================

Welcome to Apache Geronimo

The goal of the Geronimo project is to produce a server runtime framework that pulls together
the best Open Source alternatives to create runtimes that meet the needs of developers and
system administrators.
Our most popular distribution is a fully certified J2EE 1.4 application server runtime.  We
are working on our next version of the server which is based on Java EE 5.

Some of our guiding principles are:

- Easy to use.
- Build servers that are distributed under the Apache Software License.
- Provide runtimes that meet the needs of developers, administrators and system integrators.
- Integrate with the best open source tooling available like Eclipse.
- Provide frequent releases of our software so users can experience the newest features and
have access to the latest bug fixes.
- Build a community that incorporates multiple disciplines required to create complex runtime
and toolable infrastructure.

Cheers!
Hernan