geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] specs versioning
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:09:38 GMT
Wow...your doing better than me...I'd probably have replied
forgetting I sent the original :)

On Dec 13, 2006, at 7:22 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> Heh. That's pretty bad... Tried to send the following note, twice.
> Both times addressed to myself rather that dev@... :-(
>
> Third time's the charm?
>
> --kevan
>
> On Dec 13, 2006, at 7:34 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>
>> Ooops. I sent the following, yesterday. However, "Reply" addressed
>> the response directly to me, rather than dev@
>>
>> OK. Sounds like the latest thinking is that specs/trunk will only
>> contain specs that are actively being developed. Once a spec is
>> released and tagged, it is removed from trunk.
>>
>> I'm good with that approach.
>>
>> The only issue I see is that poor soul who insists on building our
>> specs from source. They'll need to sort out the appropriate spec
>> versions from specs/tags and build each individual spec. Not too
>> many who'd want to do that, but it's an inconvenience to pull them
>> together...

You are right...if we are infused with a rush of people wanting to
develop specs then we should certainly change our policy and we can.
For now I'm happy the train is moving :)

>> I think we can start making this happen.
>>
>> --kevan

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org