geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject DConfigBean Confusion
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 00:42:20 GMT
I'm trying to straighten out some classpath problems with the
deployment code and dconfigbeans and am pretty confused about some of
the code.

The main thing I'm confused about is that in the geronimo-connector-
builder module there seem to be two partial sets of DConfigBeans, in
dconfigbean and in jsr88.  There's some overlap... and a bunch of big
differences.  It looks to me as if the console is using the stuff in
jsr88 to build connector plans.

Does anyone know what is going on here and which is more correct?
Does the connector 1.0 stuff in dconfigbean work?  I think we should
try to get all these consistent and in one directory.  It would also
be great to have the console support deploying connector 1.0 rars....
there's at least one (jaybird) that is only available as a 1.0
connector.

---------------------

There's another longstanding problem with dconfigbeans which is that
they've never been able to work from any reasonable standalone
situation, such as the spec scenario where you get them from a
DeploymentManager.createConfiguration call since you'd need a large
fraction of the geronimo server on the classpath to make it work.  I
think that any solution for this is going to have to use the geronimo
repository since thats where the zillion jars needed are and are
likely to stay.  So, I think we have to start a kernel and load a
configuration and have the Configurers register  with something that
the DeploymentManagers can get at.

Anyone have a better idea?

thanks
david jencks