geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject exclusions tag in geronimo-connector\pom.xml
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:51:38 GMT
I see the following xml fragment in modules\geronimo-connector\pom.xml

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.tranql</groupId>
            <artifactId>tranql</artifactId>
            <scope>test</scope>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

Can someone tell me the use of this <exclusions> tag.  If I comment out the
exclusions part, I am able to build this module using IBMJDK1.5.0.
Otherwise it is giving compilation errors like the following.

C:\G1.2\modules\geronimo-connector\src\main\java\org\apache\geronimo\connector\o
utbound\ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper.java:[33,34] package
org.apache.commons.
logging does not exist

Or are these compilation errors due to a problem in IBMJDK1.5.0?