geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release Geronimo 1.2-beta
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:02:03 GMT
+1

Thanks for all the help in building the src.  After you restored the
geronimo-schema-jee_5 I was able to build by adding the repos at
people.apache.org/~dain/stage and people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage to
the root pom.   By the way, when I build the src it generates
1.2-SNAPSHOT binaries (not 1.2-beta).  Don't know if that was
intentional(?)

I tested plugins using the tomcat-j2ee assembly and updated the
repository metadata at geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-1.2 to
point at people.apache.org/~dain/stage for the 1.2-beta plugins (i.e.
car files).  This happens via a redirect in
geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-1.2/.htaccess.  When the 1.2-beta
artifacts are published to a permanent maven repo that redirect should
be replaced with one that points at the official location before
wiping the stage area clean.  Otherwise the plugin repository at
geronimo.apache.org/plugins will stop working.

Great work Dain and Alan!  I know that riding herd on this one has
been a tremendous effort (and success!)

Best wishes,
Paul