geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] specs versioning
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:52:20 GMT
I'm in favor of a single version for all specs.  Versioning the specs
individually has some advantages but makes the release manager's job
more difficult since the tooling doesn't readily support that
approach.  And as a developer (at least for me) a single version is
more intuitive, evidenced by my recent snafu where I created the
initial version of jsp 2.1 spec at 1.1-SNAPSHOT.  Thankfully Jason
keeps a very close eye on things and suggested using 1.0-SNAPSHOT
instead.

I also believe having the specs all at a single release is consistent
with the approach we use in server/trunk, where the artifacts share
the same geronimo version and when necessary a version number can be
included in the artifactId.   Consistency has its benefits.

Best wishes,
Paul