geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publishing snapshots
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:11:38 GMT
> Seem fairly obvious to me if you are creating a new module, copied
> from another or not, that you should always change the version, name,
> artifactId of the module.

thanks for the peer review.

> Anyways... if these were only published as snaps, then I would remove
> the artifacts from the m2-snapshot-repository, update the poms with
> 1.0-SNAPSHOT, update deps, and then redeploy.

done.  glad you caught this in time for an easy redeploy.

> I still recommend using one version for all specs though... then all
> this version muck basically goes away.  This may be more and more
> important as I get more stuff automated, as its not really easy to
> ensure that code put into specs will actually be used by a dependency
> project.  So its hard to say if specs/trunk is compatible with server/
> trunk with any degree of certainty... I would normally expect that
> they would be compatible... but Maven's remote repo/dependency muck
> (plague in disguise) really does more to promote build instability
> than to allow codeline consistency.

I definitely see your point.  I think we'll have a new opportunity to
address these issues in geronimo 2.0.  As I recall don't we already
have the votes in hand to reversion the specs tree as you prefer?.  (I
hope I'm not accidentally whacking a hornet's nest)

Best wishes,
Paul