geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publishing snapshots
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:57:44 GMT
> These are both new specs right?  Why are they starting with 1.1-
> SNAPSHOT?

Yes they are new specs.  I used 1.1-SNAPSHOT because the spec I was
using as a template (geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec) started with that
version number.  Wish I had poked around a little more and I would
have realized.

> Really, if we are going to version these modules separately, then
> they should start at 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  If we version the entire project
> together, then its obviously fine to add new modules when the version
> is not 1.0*
>
> But until we collectively see that light... :-P... lets use
> consistent and logical versioning for these modules.  Skipping
> versions is just going to confuse people.

I agree but unfortunately I have already published to the snapshot
repo using 1.1-SNAPSHOT.  Should I address your concern by manually
deleting them from the repo and republishing them as 1.0-SNAPSHOT?  Or
would that be overkill?  I'm fine either way.

BTW, there are some other specs in there that also did not start at
1.0-SNAPSHOT (at least not published in this repo):
-  geronimo-corba_3.0_spec
-  geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec
-  geronimo-spec-corba
-  geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec