geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Openejb-2.3 itests fixed ! Well almost.
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:54:30 GMT
On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> Thanx. I now have the ejbcontainer-testsuite included in the tests.
>
> What's your take on the 5 errors and 2 failures ?

Without walking through the code in a debugger, best I can tell there
are two things going wrong:

> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Received Exception class
> java.rmi.RemoteException : The bean encountered a non-application
> exception. method; nested exception is:
> 	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> 	at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.test.stateless.StatelessBeanTxTests.test05_singleTr
> ansactionCommit(StatelessBeanTxTests.java:191)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Any java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError usually means that a class used by
a class which is being loaded is not in the classpath.  I'd make sure
you have all the jars you need in the client classpath.

> .setup()  Time elapsed: 1.082 sec  <<< ERROR!
> SQL Exception: Syntax error: Encountered "AUTO" at line 1, column 42.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(
> Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredStatement.execute(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.StatementHandle.execute
> (StatementHandle.java:121)
> 	at org.apache.openejb.test.beans.DatabaseBean.execute
> (DatabaseBean.java:80)

Seems Derby doesn't like our SQL for some reason.  The SQL is in this
class org.apache.openejb.test.DerbyTestDatabase.

Not sure I've helped :)  Haven't seen these errors before either.

-David