geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trunk runtime error GBeanInstanceState- deserializing GBeanState
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 04:48:47 GMT
--- Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anita,
>
> Anyone who builds geronimo from scratch is likely to into into
> problem. We can't really tell people they can't use the jars they
> build themselves on their boxes and have to use the published
> SNAPSHOT
> jars.

  We do not tell people that they have to use the published jars. It is
clear from this error that maven is still downloading jars from a
remote repo instead of using the ones that were built locally. The only
way to make sure that the local jars/cars are used is to do an offile
build.

Thanks
Anita

So i think we need to fix it.
Just imagine that you are trying
> [...]
> unusable...not a pretty picture. I don't think we have to "worry"
> about compatibility especially as right now if 2 jars built from same
> svn revision by 2 different people on different JDK's/JDK versions on
> different boxes, you can't mix the jars. So there is no
> "compatibility" right now :(
>
> Anyway my specific problem was because of lack of the UID in
> GBeanOperation and i checked in a patch for it (487759).
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 12/16/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Dims, Joe, and Prasad
> >     I wish I had seen this coming.. The compatibility of GBeanInfo
> was
> > broken for 4 days (Dec 10th - Dec 14), while we discussed whether
> we
> > should maintain this compatibility. In a perfect world it would not
> > have mattered.. But sometimes Maven does not use locally built
> > SNAPSHOTs in online build mode (some of the reasons for this are
> > known). Once the SNAPSHOTs published during this time, are
> overwritten,
> > this problem should go way. At least that is my thinking... Please
> > correct me if I am on wrong track.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >
> > --- Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Prasad,
> > >
> > > I'm hitting this particular problem in trunk (but I have hit
> similar
> > > problems in 2.0-M1).  I actually was trying to recreate the
> problem
> > > today in both trunk and 2.0-M1 ... after 4 builds on 2.0-M1 I
> didn't
> > > hit
> > > the problem but I hit it with the first attempt on trunk.   As I
> > > mentioned, the second build attempt corrected the problem.
> > >
> > > Joe

> > > checkout

> -Dmaven.test.skip=true.

> both

> > > again
> > > exist

> assemblies,
> > > and
> know
> > > failure/restart
> > > -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
> > > -Dmaven.itest.skip=true

> the
> > > same
> > > different and
> > > today.

> > > problem

> > > SecurityTest
> returned.
> > > -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
> > > -Dmaven.itest.skip=true

> this
> > > error
> received
> > > the

> problem
> > > that

> starting;
> > > GBean is
> > > >> >
> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0-SNAPSH

OT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car"

> Unable

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.loadGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:120)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.getGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:65)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationData.getGBeans(ConfigurationData.java:171)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:279)

=== message truncated ===