geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Query related to test framework
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:00:58 GMT
On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:25 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> Thinking more about this, why do we even have the "defaultAssemblyId"
> param there ? Why not have set the default-value on the "assemblyId"
> parameter to be jetty ?

Because, if you configure the assemblyId from the pom, then you can
not override it on the command-line.

> Having two params doing almost the same thing seems not only redudant
> but also confusing. Am I missing something else here ?

They are not the same :-P

The real value used is assemblyId, but as mentioned above, if you
configure this in the pom, then you can not use `mvn -
DassemblyId=tomcat` to change the assembly on the command-line.

Properties set on the command-line do not take precedence over pom
configuration (as one might have expected if you use Ant, which will
prefer -D properties to defined properties in build.xml).

Anyways, defaultAssemblyId is to be put into pom's... assemblyId is
to be used on the command-line.

--jason