geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo build automation status (longish)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 05:04:40 GMT

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:03 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> As I mentioned in the initial email, the AntHill license is very
> similar to that of JIRA or Confluence... they grant licenses for
> use by open-source projects.
>
> I had hopped to get a more perfect and complete system before I
> brought this to the community... though I'm not sure that would
> have mattered much.  Probably more that the tool is not open-source
> is why you even mention this.  If I did something similar with CC
> or Continuum no one would even mention it.  Too bad neither of
> those tools is comprehensive enough to do the job though... but
> maybe if we wait for a few more years they will be closer.

No, I wasn't really concerned about the tool not being open-source.
More concerned about what the license is... I saw "Licensed TO Apache
Geronimo TO BUILD OPEN-SOURCE PROJECTS ONLY". I'd like to be sure the
license terms (restrictions, etc) are communicated with the group.
So, we can understand the terms and ensure we follow them -- you
never know when the big one will hit the Bay Area... :-P

--kevan