geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trunk build failure: NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 02:37:43 GMT
we actually do nightly builds on ws.zones.apache.org and the snapshots
are available there:
ws.zones.apache.org/repository/

the snapshot jars are also ssh/copied over to
people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/

So that makes it 2 points of failure instead of just one. We did this
during the last big infra migration when mino was down for a few
days....

I guess svk and bazaar are equivalent...easy to set up. the main thing
is we can tell infra that we don't need anything backed up and even if
the whole zone goes kaput the project can still go on since it is just
the repo stored in svk/bazaar. When i last played with it, bazaar was
very easy to setup/use and can just work off a directory (no need for
a BerkleyDB instance etc..). So my 2 cents is that it will help reduce
pulling jars down to local repo if we set one up. if we lose the box,
we can just re-populate it from any one of the distriibuted copies...

thanks,
-- dims